Monday, May 21, 2007

D&G Weekend O'Fun - Part 1


Well, both Xuan and Gage are heading to New York this week for about 6 days and so I'll have to fend for myself during that week. This will be the first time I'm away from both of them since Xuan and I got married and Gage came into our lives. I'm going to miss them tremendously!!!

In anticipation, I decided to take this weekend, part one of our Daddy and Gage's Weekend O'fun. The little man and I hit the Kemah Boardwalk on Saturday morning and rode a bunch of rides, including a train (Thomas the Train ChooChoo - as Gage refers to it), a plane and zebra (the merry go round). We walked along the pier and waved to a bunch of rich people heading out to Galveston Bay on their million dollar boats. After his nap, we went to my sister's house for several hours of partying. Gage was up to his usual antics of wooing my sister's friends for a couple of hours before we headed home for the evening.

The next day, Gage and I took off for the local Starbucks and then La Madeline for brunch. As I've said before, the little man doesn't like to waste time eating. He focused primarily on eating a pat of butter and then proceeded to spread jam/butter onto the strawberry crepes that I bought for him. I soon realized that he wasn't going to eat and was only interested in "cutting" the crepes with the butter knife. You should have seen the looks on all of the mothers sitting within viewing distance of our table. By the stares I was getting, I might as well have given Gage a machete. Anyway, I gulped down my coffee and brought over two to-go containers before we headed to my mom's house.
After reaching home, Xuan's friend Michelle called and invited over to play with the girls. We accepted and headed over, after realizing that Gage was not going to take his afternoon nap. After getting to their house, we thought it was a good idea to take the bikes out and put the kids into the little pull along attached to the bike. It was at that time we found out that Gage 1) hated the idea altogether, 2) thought that Xuan was leaving me behind, and 3) wayyyy past his afternoon nap time. He screamed out loud and made a certain high pitched noise that we had never heard before. We took him home, after calming him down, and put him to sleep.

Later that evening, after he awoke, we decided to put together his backyard pool that consisted of a large whale slide that connected to the actual pool itself. I haven't seen him have that much fun in a long time. Since the big community pool just opened as well, we decided to take him there next weekend. Soon thereafter, we received a visit from both Masi's and Masa's. Gage was gracious enough to give them a tour of the house, complete with hand gestures and garbled english. Before long, they headed out and we prepared the little man for bedtime. I had such a long weekend entertaining the kiddo, that I passed out at 9 pm alongside him.

I can't wait for Part II...

No comments: