Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A whole conversation

The most special thing happened this evening while we put Gage to sleep. With it being my last week at UTMB, my coworkers threw me a team happy hour, so I got home right at Gage's bedtime. As we layed down together, Gage turned around and looked at me and had the following conversation.

Gage: Hi Daddy.

Me: Hey Gagey. How are you?

Gage: Fine. Went to playground

Me: Oh really, with Mom

Gage: No, with Popo (grandma in Vietnamese)

Me: Wow, did you have fun?

Gage: Uh huh, with popo.

This doesn't seem like much, until you realize that he's a 2 year old that couldn't even control most of his body parts, much less anything else, a year ago. Tonight, he just had a mini conversation with me, and this blows my mind!

This coupled with the fact that yesterday, he asked for the stethescope laying my dresser, and said "doctor" - I'm thinking early retirement may not be just another distant dream...

1 comment:

CoCoro said...

How are things going with the transition?

Miss you guys! Thanks for looking after my Dad...