Monday, July 28, 2008

Washing the Car

Washing the car wasn't ever high on my priority list of things to do, just because I didn't enjoy spending my time doing something I could get someone else to do while I sit back and enjoy some quiet time. I also have a problem spending $30+ to clean a car that will only get dirty on the way home. Although, this idea doesn't necessarily mean I won't pay someone to cut the lawn or clean the house, even though the grass continues to grow and the house will eventually get dirty again. At least I can get some joy out of soaking the little man while he runs around screaming.

However, with Gage coming into our lives, a few things have changed. While it's still a battle to get him to take a bath every night, he has absolutely no problem getting into the pool, or running through the water sprinkler, or getting soaked with a water hose. In fact, I don't even think Gage comprehends the concept of a water sprinkler, beyond just another way to get wet wearing clothes.

Well, the family car was getting to be a bit embarrassing this past weekend so Gage and I decided to make things right again. Plus, with the price of gas getting a bit out of hand, I thought it was necessary to cut down on the drag coefficient and wash some of the dirt off the car. Two hours later, we made some memories and cleaned the car.

I just wish Gage could stay 3 forever (minus the temper tantrums).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Very funny picture!

- T

www.MostEmailedNews.com

Unknown said...

Very nice blog you people have here!